THE LONDON MOTOR SHOW OUTGROWS BATTERSEA PARK AND TAKES UP NEW HOME AT THE EXCEL EXHIBITION CENTRE
- The London Motor Show is delighted to announce that the UK’s premier motor show will be moving from Battersea Park to the ExCeL London in 2018
- ExCel is London’s newest purpose built exhibition centre and is very well connected, situated just ten minutes from Canary Wharf and fifteen minutes from Central London
- The 2017 London Motor Show saw over 25,000 visitors come through the gates over the course of the weekend, where they were treated to the finest displays from world-renowned brands and further engaging content
- Over 130 brand new cars were showcased at Battersea Park, but the overwhelming demand from both spectators and exhibitors has seen The London Motor Show seek a larger venue
- The London Motor Show returns to the capital in 2018 from 17-20 May at ExCeL London
London, 15th June 2017
The London Motor Show is delighted to announce that it will be moving to a new residency at the ExCeL London from 2018 and beyond after having outgrown Battersea Park. Excel London offers 2.5 times the internal space provided at Battersea, meaning London will enjoy a 2018 Motor Show bigger and better than ever before with more cars more exhibitors along with more activities and entertainment.
“The move to the ExCeL London is a monumental feat for The London Motor Show and one we’re incredibly proud of. The 2017 event saw record-breaking numbers attend the show, and our move to a bigger venue shows that the UK’s appetite for a hard-hitting automotive festival is strong – which is fantastic news for our industry. Having carefully considered feedback from our guests, we knew ExCeL London was the perfect venue to take us to the next level and we’re really looking forward to the first show in our new home in May 2018.” said Alec Mumford, Chairman of The London Motor Show “This year’s event was the biggest and best yet, but with more space, exhibitors, cars and guests, we’re going to go one better next spring.”
In just its second year in operation, The London Motor Show 2017 saw a record-breaking 25,000 spectators come through the Battersea Park gates to enjoy the biggest and best capital exhibition ever, with over 130 brand new cars going on display and several making their UK debuts.
Battersea Park has been the venue for The London Motor Show since 2016, but such has been the overwhelming demand for tickets and exhibitor areas, a bigger new home became a necessity.
Not only will The London Motor Show be able to welcome more guests and exhibitors than ever before, but said exhibitors will also have more space to show off their creations and take the event to the next level.
The London Motor Show promises hard-hitting content for an all-encompassing day out, including innovation, design and the future of driving, plus dedicated family zones and road safety displays. With more dedicated theatres and specialist areas at ExCeL London, more guests will be able to come through the doors and enjoy everything the UK’s premier motor show has to offer.
From 17-20 May 2018, The London Motor Show will take to its new home at ExCeL London, where it’s expected to break record attendances in what’s set to become one of the best-connected venues in the UK when the new Elizabeth Underground line opens in 2018. When open ExCeL London will be linked directly to central London in just 15 minutes and Heathrow Airport in just 45 minutes to give more members of the public the chance to visit the event.